Monday, May 6, 2013

Challenge Day 1

My friends from Crossfit had a challenge a few months back.  The challenge involved many different aspects, but the one thing that I couldn't commit myself to do was the diet.  PALEO!  It sounded WAY too restrictive for me.  Paleo consists of meats, veggies, small amounts of fruit, and nuts.  Now I realize this all sounds healthy, like things I should be eating anyway, but my problem is there are few veggies I actually like (oh how I wish I could change that!) and I am not a huge fan of nuts.  I knew I would see results, but only because I would be starving myself.  Plus, can I add that I love chocolate way too much!
Well, my friends are going at it again, and this time I am planning to join in.  Mainly because of one difference...you can come up with your own diet, but you have to stick with it during the 6 week challenge.  Phew!  That means I can eat my Greek yogurt for breakfast and be okay!
Here are the guidelines of the challenge.

Exercise 6 days a week
Drink at least 64 oz. (8 cups) of water
Get at least 7 hours of sleep a night
Paleo (or diet plan) with 1 cheat meal allowed/week

That's it!  Today is Day one and the challenge will last for 6 weeks, meaning the last day will be on June
Everyone put in $10, so I would assume winner takes all from the pot, but I'm really not 100% sure.  Oh and the other thing.  There are two WOD's we are going to record at the beginning and again at the end to see the progress.

Linda (aka "3 bars of death")...sounds thrilling from the title alone!  And a 1600m run, which I am excited for!

MY DIET PLAN:

NO pop
NO caffeine
NO fried foods
NO (very limited) processed food (means better snacking choices)
SMALLER portions

Here are my measurements from Day 1:
Thigh:  21 1/2"
Calf:  13 3/4"
Chest:  32 1/2"
Hips:  33 1/2"
Waist:  28 3/4"
Bicep:  10 1/2"
(All of these are taken from the largest area and flexing if possible, with the exception of waist.)

Weight:  130 lbs.

Food Today:
Breakfast - Chobanni Greek Yogurt (strawberry)
Snack - Babybel mini cheese wheel
Lunch - Salad with raspberry vinaigrette (I even turned down pizza from The Brick Oven for teacher appreciation week!)
Snack - Vanilla protein shake with banana
Dinner - Hamburger & corn casserole with 1/2 slice of homemade wheat bread
Water - 9 c.

No comments:

Post a Comment