Tuesday, July 15, 2014

July 15, 2014

Just checking in...

It has been a long time since I have posted anything to my "online workout diary".  No, this doesn't mean I have stopped working out, although I have taken a break from Xfit for the summer.  The reason being, the weight room that I use, gets used by the football players and other high school athletes for summer training programs and I would rather not be in their way or work out with high schoolers!
Instead, I have been walking every morning with friends.  It gets me out of the house in the social (getting adult conversation) and physical sense so it's a win-win.  I have signed up to run a 10K (by myself) on July 24.  My son is running the 5K, but I decided to sign up for the 10K.  With that being said, I have also been putting in a run either following my morning walk, which is more preferred, or going in the evening.
I have been using the App "Map My Run".  If you have never heard of it or used it, I would totally suggest checking it out.  It is free and gives a very detailed look at your workouts.  It uses GPS for an accurate read for where you run, your total distance ran, split times for your miles and calories burned.  There are other workout options to log too and not just for running.  You can also track your nutrition and set goals if you are trying to lose weight.
Here is a look at what I have tracked with my "My My Run" App:

June 24 - 3.19 miles Time:  31:50 (avg. 9:59 min/mile)
June 30 - 1.54 miles Time:  14:21 (avg 9:18 min/mile)
July 9 - 1.55 miles  Time:  14:15 (avg. 9:12 min/mile)
July 10 - 1.95 miles  Time:  17:55 (avg. 9:12 min/mile)
July 11 - I wanted to map the walk my walking group did.
              1.95 miles Time:  28:00
July 12 - 3.19 miles  Time:  30:18 (avg. 9:30 min/mile)
        *I ran this one with my son is is running the upcoming 5K.  I felt that I could have ran the whole way  straight, but he needed to walk 2x during our run so I don't know how accurate our time was.
July 14 - My walking friend and I wanted to cover more distnace in our morning walks so we added more to it and I "clocked" it on my phone.
         3:00 miles Time:  45:24
TODAY:  July 15 - 4.39 miles Time:  43:20 (avg. 9:52 min/mile)
     **Calories burned:  438

Today I could feel that I was slower.  I don't know if it is because I was trying to pace myself more for the longer distance I ran, because I could feel blisters forming on my feet, or because I ate like crap yesterday?!?  Hmmm...maybe a combination of all 3!!  I do know that I will be able to complete my 10K, but in all the 10K races I have ever completed in, I have never finished in over an hours time.  If I were to have ran the 10K today at the pace I did, I would have finished in 59 minutes.  Sure that's not an hour, but I don't want to get that close to the hour mark either!  I am hoping for somewhere between 50 and 55 minutes.   Maybe my adrenaline will help me out a little!  That and my diet??  I hope I can eat healthy for the next week to get my system cleaning out better.  I have done well to maintain what I lost last summer, but I can feel it in other areas...my running time, my skin, and my overall feeling when I don't focus on eating healthy.  I plan on tracking my diet again...

Food:

Pre-workout - granola bar
Breakfast - Dannon Light & Fit Greek yogurt (80 calories)
My morning was a busy one, so by the time lunch hit, I was ravenous!  That is a big NO NO!  Usually I carry snacks in my purse to avoid getting that hungry.
Lunch - (2) burritos - tortilla, taco meat, shredded lettuce, ranch, salsa (I should have only had one because I was honestly (miserably) full for the rest of the day!
Snack - kiddie sized icecream cone
Dinner - Baked Penne (maybe 1 c. worth)
Snack - handful of Pita crackers

Water - 11 c.


No comments:

Post a Comment